The Technical Writer/Trainer will be responsible for creating technical documentation and providing technical training to customers and internal personnel on GrowthZone products.
GrowthZone, Inc. believes that communities matter, and associations are often unsung heroes in allowing communities and industries to thrive. We put our energy toward empowering those associations so they can in turn propel their members. We do this by working together to invent, develop and support the world’s leading association/membership software platforms. We are nestled in mid-Minnesota where we believe we can grow an operationally excellent, high growth SaaS company in rural MN that rivals those in traditional tech hubs. We do this by serving our customers with excellence, serving each other and caring more about our team success than our own.
The Technical Writer/Trainer will be responsible for creating technical documentation and providing technical training to customers and internal personnel on GrowthZone products. Training and documentation are the cornerstone to a successful implementation of any customer project. The Technical Writer/Trainer will work with product management, sales and customer success to ensure the curriculum and documentation provides solution-based training to meet customer goals and objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develops training plans and curricula and manages the delivery of all content.
- Create instructor materials (course outline, background material, instructional materials and training aids).
- Maintain documentation associated to training curriculum and software help system.
- Develop, deliver and maintain online training modules.
- Assist in design of computer-based and multi-media curriculum.
- Teach classes at regional training facilities, at customer locations, tradeshows, or locally in Nisswa.
- Coordinate all training activities for events – location, room setup, travel accommodations, etc.
- Develop and deliver customized training as needed.
- Implement continual service improvement feedback from customers, co-workers, et al.
- Associated Degree with 1-3 years experience preferred. Instructional design a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent public speaker.
- Ability to work independently, stay organized, flexible with customers and process and be diligent on follow-ups.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and design training curricula.
Email email@example.com if interested.