Engineer - Quality Improvement
Engineer focused on quality improvement at high velocity software company
GrowthZone believes that communities matter, and associations are often unsung heroes in allowing communities and industries to thrive. We put our energy toward empowering associations, so they can in turn propel their members. We do this by working together to invent, develop and support the world’s leading association/membership software platforms. We are nestled in mid-Minnesota where we strive to build an operationally excellent, high growth SaaS company in rural Minnesota that rivals those in traditional tech hubs. We do this by serving our customers with excellence, serving each other and caring more about our team success than our own.
- The GrowthZone Team is looking for an Engineer focused on quality improvement who wants to use their engineering and testing skills to make a big impact in a fast-growing software company. The ideal candidate will have proven, software engineering and QA experience that includes load, regression, usability, functionality, systems, acceptance, and performance testing, along with experience working with automated testing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all quality improvement tasks assigned with thoroughness and accuracy.
- Review bug fixes and new features to confirm functionality, usability, and performance. Review source code for differences and determination of the type and level of testing that is needed.
- Work cooperatively within an integrated team of developers, product managers, and QA analysts in an agile development environment with fast-paced release cycles.
- Effectively contribute to the team’s defined set of quality control process activities designed to fulfill the key areas of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Assist the team in completing smoke testing and full and partial feature regression testing on demand.
- Review project requirements and specifications to provide input on the design of a product, feature, enhancement, or other solution. Evaluate the project to foresee any potential issues or user experience needs and advise the product and development teams to ensure they are addressed.
- Create and develop test plans for new features, release items, regression testing, and other areas as needed.
- Identify automated testing needs and assist with their creation, implementation, and review. Analyze results of the automated test suite to identify possible bugs and issues. Work within our automated test framework to continue to expand the suite of tests.
- Work closely the QA team to share best practices, brainstorm possible efficiencies, bring up training and learning opportunities, discuss different testing approaches, etc.
- Assist in implementing new quality practices, including methodologies, measurements, and reporting. Recommend quality improvement practices and processes to leadership based on current and emerging technologies to improve performance, reduce costs, and/or reduce administrative time.
- Have a hunger to treat any bug that is released as an opportunity to determine root cause and identify how to improve testing procedures to prevent in the future.
- Post-secondary education or significant experience in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field.
- Ideally two years of development, quality assurance and/or control experience.
- Understanding and experience with the major elements of quality assurance testing: Load, Regression, Usability, Functionality, Systems (browser compatibility), Acceptance, Performance, and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Scripting experience through proprietary automated testing languages, smoke tests, or testing tools.
- Experience developing general queries in databases for data verification and validation.
- Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal integrity and a commitment to customer service.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org