Account Executive at growth-driven software company
GrowthZone believes that communities matter, and associations are often unsung heroes in allowing communities and industries to thrive. We put our energy toward empowering those associations so they can in turn propel their members. We do this by working together to invent, develop and support the world’s leading association/membership software platforms. We are nestled in mid-Minnesota where we are expanding an operationally excellent, high growth SaaS company in rural Minnesota that rivals those in traditional tech hubs. We do this by serving our customers with excellence, serving each other and caring more about our team success than our own.
GrowthZone, the industry-leading developer of membership management software like ChamberMaster and MemberZone and GrowthZone is hiring a Sales Account Executive. The GrowthZone Sales Account Executive position is primarily an Inside Sales Role and is measured by successful new sales to GrowthZone’s target customers in the Association market.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate leads by proactive efforts such as attending trade shows, market research, phone and email outreach and referrals from prior sales.
- Receive and manage leads generated by marketing and sales development outreach, moving leads through the demo, proposal and post-proposal stages.
- Close sales by moving prospects to a decision and signed proposal agreement.
- Get to know the GrowthZone product in detail and be able to successfully demonstrate the product and answer questions about the product with prospective clients.
- Be proactive through weekly follow-up w/ prospects to keep them moving through the sales funnel
- Become an expert in an Association vertical niche / niches and leverage that expertise to generate sales and referrals
- Consult with each prospect to identify their needs. Provide product demos showing how GrowthZone solves their pain points and addresses their unique needs.
- Be the prospect’s main point of contact during the sales process from start to close, and successfully transition the prospect to an Onboarding Project Manager for the onboarding process.
- Proper lead tracking and active follow-up weekly on all leads is required.
- Represent GrowthZone at trade shows and conferences.
- Be aware of competition and other industry players for competitive advantages, new directions and partnership opportunities. Provide feedback to team consistently on competitor learnings and market learnings.
- May include researching niches in the association industry to pursue new markets.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, Communications or related field
- Excel at verbal and written communication skills for conducting online/remote sales.
- Great at initiating and extending conversations with Association Executives.
- 5+ years Sales and/or senior Customer Service/Technology experience
- Association experience a plus.
- Proficient in computer navigation and software applications with an aptitude for technology.
- Knowledge of web-based products, databases and spreadsheets.
- Personal integrity and a commitment to sales.